Subject: Win a Wavey!
From: John Gross <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 21:03:14 -0700 (PDT)

WIN A WAVEY!

Hi everyone. 

Avid Media Group, in conjunction with NewTek, is conducting the first annual Wavey awards for
excellence in LightWave use. There are a number of different categories in which to enter.

Enclosed below is information and a FAQ about the Waveys. The ceremonies will be held in
LA during SIGGRAPH and looks to be quite fun. Hope to see you there!

John Gross
editor, LightWavePRO and stuff

1995 Wavey Awards
CATEGORIES
1) Logo Animations - Show us your best logo animation from an actual commercial project or 
make up one of your own.

2) Best Logo Still - OK, so you and your client only had enough money for a still? No problem. 
Show us your best still logo shot.

3) Best Compositing - Using LightWave's powerful compositing features, create an animation
mixing 3D graphics and video.

4) Best Character Animation - Enter your best examples of character animation to show off your
skills in giving objects lifelike movement.

5) Best Short Story - Three things make a great film: Story, Character and Technique. Show us
your best animated story.

5) Funniest LightWave Animation - Show us your most humorous use of LightWave 3D
animation.

6) Forensic and Legal Animations - Send us your best accident re-creations and legal forensic animation.

7) Best Use of LightWave in a TV Commercial - Send us your LightWave 3D animation used in
the promotion of a commercial product. It must have been broadcast on TV, cable satellite, etc.
 Maximum length is 60 sec.)

8) Best Youth Animation - This award goes to the best overall animation submitted by an
animator 16 years of age and under as of July 21, 1995.

9) Best Organic Effects - Send in your best fire, smoke, water, explosions or other organic
effects in a LightWave 3D animation.

10) Instructional/Educational - Show us your best 3D animation for instructional or educational
use.

Judges will select one winner from each of the above categories. Additionally, one "Best of 
Show" animation will be chosen from the eleven winners. Winners will receive the Wavey award 
and valuable prizes donated by Video Toaster User advertisers!
No purchase necessary. Avid Media Group and NewTek employees, relatives or representatives 
are not eligible to enter the contest. The primary animation program used for submitting 
animations must be LightWave 3D. All decisions of judges are final. Tape formats must be either 
Hi8, S-VHS or Betacam SP.  Entries for each category must be on separate tapes and clearly 
marked. Tapes will not be returned unless accompanied by a postage-paid, self-addressed return 
package. All entrants agree that, by entering, they release their entry materials and will, upon 
request, provide a signed release in favor of Avid Media Group for all promotional and editorial 
use of these materials. Mail all entries Entry deadline is July 21, 1995. Entries must have been 
created after July 21, 1994.

WAVEY FAQ

Q: When is the deadline for entries?
A: Midnight, July 21, 1995

Q: Can  anyone enter?
A: Yes any LightWave 3D user can enter, except NewTek or Avid Media Group employees, 
relatives, representatives or columnists.

Q: Where do I send my entry;
A: AMG, 273 N. Mathilda Ave., Sunnyvale, CA  94086 ATTN.: WAVEY AWARDS

Q: How long can the Animations be? 
A: Up to 3 to 5 min. in length except of the TV Commercial Cat.- max. of 60 seconds

Q: What's the maximum number of tapes I can submit?
A: Enter as many times as you like with a separate tape for each entry. 

Q: What tape formats can I submit?
A: Hi-8, SVHS and BetaCam SP. SASE for returning your entry.

Q: Who will be the Judges?
A:  Award winning Animators and Industry professionals to be announced at the ceremony.

Q: What prizes will be awarded?
A: Lots of valuable hardware and software including the exclusive Wavey Award Trophy. 
Additionally all entrants and the winners will be listed in an upcoming issue of VTU. The "Best of 
Show" winner will be featured in an upcoming issue of the magazine as well. 

Q: Where and when is the FREE Wavey Award Ceremony?
A: Wed., Aug. 9th 7pm, Orpheum Theater, 842 S. Broadway, ½ mile from LA Convention Center. 
Reception and Ceremony. Users need not be present to win! 

Q: If I am nominated will I be notified so I can attend?
A: Nominees will be notified by VTU ASAP after the July 21st deadline.

Q: What should my release say?
A: Nominees will be contacted to sign a release giving AMG permission to use the nominated 
animation for editorial and promotional purposes and a possible compilation tape. 
--
John Gross <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]